Permanent Part Time (2 Days a week)
Reports to: Jenna Dunseath
Summary of position
Real Ale Ltd has been a major contributor to the development of Marks & Spencer’s beer category over the last 9 years showing double-digit annual growth. We are currently one of only a handful of official suppliers of beer and cider into Marks & Spencer. The business has grown substantially from 4 products listed in M&S in 2007 to an expected 200 products listed in 2017.
The post holder will work closely with the breweries we represent at M&S. The Technical Team is responsible for ensuring all the breweries and cideries, and the products they produce, comply with the M&S Codes of Practices. The Technical Team also advises M&S and our affiliated suppliers on technical aspects of the wider brewing industry.
• Ensuring Real Ale Ltd complies with the M&S Agent Code of Practice.
• Auditing small suppliers to ensure they are compliant with the required M&S Codes of Practice. This includes conducting the audit, writing the audit report and aiding the supplier to complete all the actions agreed within the time frame agreed.
• Familiarisation with all relevant M&S Codes of Practice.
• Ensuring all externally audited suppliers (bottlers and canners), FSIG (Food Safety Integrity Group) audited sites, affiliated with Real Ale Ltd are aware of their requirements to adhere to M&S Codes of Practices. Accompany these sites on their annual audits. Assist these sites in completion of their audit actions.
• Ensure all M&S complaints are investigated fully in a timely manner.
• Keep technical documents updated.
• Ensure the technical aspects of the business run smoothly and any issues are resolved swiftly.
• Assists with the technical elements of the NPD process for M&S.
• Assist with any technical, logistical and supply chain projects as required.
• Visits to affiliated sites in Europe and across the UK will often involve an overnight stay.
Skills, knowledge and experience
• Good numeracy and analytical skills are essential
• Brewing experience would be an advantage but not essential
• Auditing experience essential.
• Ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, working as part of a small and dynamic team you will contribute to the overall success of Real Ale and our relationship with key clients.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels both verbally and in writing.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-changing work environment.
• Confident and pro-active with a self-motivated approach to work.
• Excellent customer focus and stakeholder management skills.
Base – Real Ale Ltd, 8 Old Lodge Place, Twickenham TW1 1RQ
Stage one: Please send your CV and accompanying supporting letter of how you meet the minimum experience required to Jenna Dunseath (details below).
Stage two: Interview with Zeph King (Managing Director) and Jenna Dunseath (Technical Manager)
Deadline for application: Friday 9th June 2017
2 days per week. Pro rata of £32,500 plus bonus plus benefits in accordance with our Compnay Policies.
Our office is based in Twickeham but you would not be expected to be based there. We can offer flexibility around working from home for the right candidate. There would be a requirement to travel across the UK and Europe to complete audits.
If you have any questions about the role or the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact –
Real Ale Ltd, 8 Old Lodge Place, Twickenham TW1 1RQ
Tel. 020 8894 1114
Real Ale Ltd is mindful of its responsibilities to promote equality of opportunity and to avoid discrimination at all times. Our policy is that no person applying for a job or contractual work is treated less favourably than another because of their race, age, colour, ethnic origin, religion, sex, disability or sexual orientation.
Real Ale Ltd takes a responsible approach to the safe consumption of alcohol. We feel passionate about bottled beer, wine and spirits and them being enjoyed by our growing number of customers from across the UK. However, we understand that the excessive consumption of alcohol can be damaging to one’s health and can be a contributing factor to anti-social behaviour. We would strongly encourage that all those who enjoy our products, drink them moderately and responsibly.atp